Friday, May 7, 2010

Randomnizing (is that a word?)

Tell me if my comments get too boring, those of you who aren't afraid to tell me the truth to my face....:) But, honestly, do I really lead a very interesting life? (that was a rhetorical question; and if any of you don't know what rhetorical means call me up or use the dictionary) So you can't really blame me for it. I can't say I honestly lead a interesting life. Yes, to me it's interesting, but I don't know about the rest of you...:)

I stood stock-still in the middle of the room and stared at the closed door opposite me. It had just closed a second ago, leaving a cold, wintry wind blowing through the cabin, whistling through the chinks, wending is way up the chimney. All I could think of was what he'd said.
The school was closed.
I'd been expecting it for a while, but now that it came it left a sting like a sprig of mint when you're not prepared for it.
The school was closed.
I stood there, staring at the door, for who-knows how long before I finally moved. And when I did move, it wasn't to the fireplace to stoke the fire. It wasn't toward the bedroom, although it was ten at night. I moved to the cupboard where I kept my earnings. If the school was closed, I'd have to find work someplace else. And out here, with not another city for miles, that wasn't going to be easy.
The door opened again, and Jacob whistled his way inside, his arms full of wood he'd split. He must have been surprised by my stricken face, for he started, then continued until he'd gotten the wood where it belonged.
"Hey, Patience, buck up. What gloomy and terrible thing has happened?"
I needed no words. I held out the paycheck I'd been unknowingly holding all this time, and he knew.
"Oh, Patience..."
"I don't know what we're going to do, Jacob," I said, hating my voice for shaking so much. "I just don't know."
Jacob sat down heavily on the hearth with a sigh. "Neither do I, Patience, neither do I."

Don't ask me what I'm doing, that was all off the hook. It was really random, but I might continue it in another post. We'll see.

7 comments:

  1. hey, it's me....you know me when I get bored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey,bekah!I found out how to comment on your blog! you may not know this,but by writing these storys,you have encourged me to write my own! but dont get too exited. you might not see it until a year from now.but can you help me out a little?I kinda need some help in the topic department.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, sure, if you want it...but be warned, if I help you with a story, I have strong temptations to take over. Ask Naja. (Anaja)

    ReplyDelete
  4. take over?is that even possible?

    ReplyDelete